Response-ability at work
- What this is about; who should read this; structure of the text.
A response-ability toolkit
- The one-minute overview
- For those who have no time at all!
- The ten-minute summary
- A quick summary, for those who want to dive straight into the toolkit.
- An introduction to response-ability.
- Understanding empowerment
- Defining power; power and delusion; export and import; winners and losers; rights and responsibilities; motivation and meaning; expressing empowerment.
- I and We and Us and Them
- Spheres of influence; systems within systems; conditions and context; competition and cooperation.
- Beyond control
- Control and direction; creativity and chaos; accepting uncertainty; beyond systems.
- Economic action
- The meaning of economy; the end of ownership; purpose, relationship, knowledge.
- Fulfilling purpose
- Proactive purpose; involving everyone; accounts and accountability; the quest for quality.
- Managing relations
- The schoolyard and the marketplace; shareholders and stakeholders; open and closed; personas and power-dynamics.
- Creating knowledge
- The nature of knowledge; mobile memory; analysis and intuition; the 'learning organisation'.
- Putting it into practice
- The story so far; what do we do on Monday morning?
The response-ability audit
- Definitions on response-ability and related issues.
- I am who I am: personal and collective purpose.
- I am how I act: an assortment of personality-models.
- I and not-I: boundaries, barriers and walls.
- Dynamics - personal/interpersonal
- I and We: power, responsibility and delusion.
- Dynamics - group/process
- I and We and Us: roles, sequences, elements and interactions.
- I and Us: organizational structures.
- I am what I do: role/persona choices.
- I am where I am: self within workspace.
- I am what I learn: the skills-labyrinth.
- I am what I know: inverting Murphy.
- Assessing response-ability
- Purpose, procedures, structures, transactions; scope and scale.
- Auditing response-ability
- Auditing interactions; balancing the scorecard.
- Enhancing response-ability
- Opportunities for action; techniques and toolkits.